Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2014-06-03 11:42:59

berkayict

[SOLVED] Commandline tools

Dear Fabrice,

Good work on the new version (5 pro). It looks and works really great.
During the generation of the command line script for automated use, I face one problem.
I select additional files/folders, but a reference to it doesn't seem to appear in the script when I save it.
How does the script/program know the additional files/folders I selected?

Though I just noticed the script creates an ABSession.ini file:

[SOURCECOMMON]
72086F64435D5446505F1372585E5647111A4B0C071B6F76545E5247455B5D53555B565A42461C67=1
AdditionalFoldersChecked=1
AdditionalFolder0=C:\Program Files (x86)\Belastingdienst/S
AdditionalFoldersCount=1
72086F63585C575B46416F43585C1D5D5F5B=1
AdditionalFilesChecked=1
AdditionalFilesCount=1
AdditionalFile0=C:\Windows\win.ini

How does this work? Do I need to have this ABSession.ini file in the same directory as the AB executable when I run the script or do I need to specify the file in the command line parameters?
Also, it seems to contain some kind of hash (72086F64435D5446505F1372585E5647111A4B0C071B6F76545E5247455B5D53555B565A42461C67 and 72086F63585C575B46416F43585C1D5D5F5B) which value is set to 1. Is this the hash of the file selected?
Does this mean as soon as I run the script on another computer, it won't copy the additional files/folders because of the hash mismatch?

Thanks in advance, keep up the great work with this good piece of software!

Last edited by berkayict (2014-06-03 11:43:13)

#2 2014-06-03 12:07:41

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Commandline tools

Hello,

this ini file should not be there. It is there only for diagnostics and I just forgot to remove it from the command line builder tool.
The hash is not used anymore as the program now uses unicode. The program had problems with exotic characters and I used this encryption to keep the path like it is.

About the extra files and folders feature, I had to change it in the latest betas and I may have broken something there.
There should be no need of an extra config file. Everything should be in the script.
I will let you know when it is OK.

Fab

#3 2014-06-05 11:31:15

Fab
Administrator

Hi,

I have sent a private message to you with a download link to a test version including the requested fixes.

Let me know if it does the trick for you.

Fab

#4 2014-06-05 13:21:18

berkayict

Hi Fab,

Thanks, I have tried out the build and here are my test results:

The "Command Line Builder" tool generates the script correctly now, thanks.
One thing I noticed while using the tool:
- I cannot select/deselect "Opera Profile" tile in the "Command Line Builder" tool.

During the test of the script, I came accross the problem that it doesn't copy the files/folders inside of the "Additional Folders" I selected.
Even though I did set the "Include subdirectories" option (It also lists /S after the path)
In the backup location it created the dir: "Archive\AdditionalFolders\Data\C\Program Files (x86)\Belastingdienst\", but it only has a file AutoBackup.dir in it. For the rest it's empty.

Here is my script:

"C:\Users\Jeroen\Desktop\autobackup5\AutoBackup5.exe" /"NEDERLANDS" /BACKUP /SOURCEDRIVE=C /TO="C:\Users\Jeroen\Desktop\testBackup\" /SUBFOLDER=YES /SOURCEUSERSPROFILESNAMES="ALL" /ADDFILES="C:\Windows\win.ini" /ADDFOLDERS="C:\Program Files (x86)\Belastingdienst/S"

Notes:
- I have run the script as Administrator
- I have left all other options out, to just test the additional Files/Folders feature.

#5 2014-06-05 15:02:08

Fab
Administrator

Ok,

I have fixed the opera stuff on the command line tool : the panel was set to disabled, so, there were no possible action on it.
About the extra folders copy, I have performed some other changes and it worked like it should. A new test version is on my FTP. Just use the same link in your PMs.

Fab

#6 2014-06-06 07:56:08

Fab
Administrator

The fixed version is ready for download smile

Fab

#7 2014-06-06 08:02:37

berkayict

Great work! I'll test again if it does copy the content of the folder this time!

Thanks for all your efforts!

#8 2014-06-11 12:30:40

berkayict

Dear Fab,

I tested it with another directory, and then it works fine!
But as soon as I specify an additional folder that's located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory, it doesn't copy the files, and also only creates the "Program" directory at the backup destination.
As a programmer myself, I know the problem is with spaces in the directory name :-)
Should be an easy fix for you. Thanks in advance!

Greets.

#9 2014-06-11 14:39:02

Fab
Administrator

berkayict wrote:

As a programmer myself, I know the problem is with spaces in the directory name :-)
Should be an easy fix for you.

In fact, not so easy.
Things are fine if the script is launched as administrator but if not, when the program prompts for elevated privileges, it does not keep those spaces because of a stupid thing : it looks like Delphi (the program's language) removes the double quotes from the parameters and then, here comes troubles.
What I have to do is to find a way to keep the double quotes or to replace them with something else

Fab

#10 2014-06-11 16:18:31

berkayict

Yes, you are right, when I execute the .cmd as Administrator, it works fine.

You might want to check this out, I remember using it when I experimented with Delphi facing the same problems:
http://delphi.about.com/od/delphitips20 … d_line.htm

#11 2014-06-11 16:29:02

Fab
Administrator

I have seen this.
I have already found another work around. There are not so much parameters where there can be double quotes. At startup, when the program gets its command line, it adds the double quotes if the processed parameter is one of them. Then when it reloads as admin from the UAC prompt, it gets the right parameters.
It works fine so far except with some characters like 'é'. Command prompt uses OEM character set and this 'é' becomes a 'Ù'  hmm
So, I am looking for a way to convert the command line into OEM format to fix the command line builder tool now!

Fab

#12 2014-06-11 17:05:16

berkayict

Thanks for taking the effort in fixing this.
At least I have a workaround at the moment, so take your time!

While you're at it, I have noticed that a .cmd script won't work if you haven't accepted the EULA before.
Is this intended behaviour? This means that with the .exe there will also need to be an .ini file with the value AcceptedV5PROEULA=YES while using a .cmd script.
Also, in the command line builder tool, there is no option to select the Theme. Did you leave it out intentionally?

I hope I'm not bothering you in a negative way with all these questions, just trying to help ironing some minor flaws out of of the product.
It's already very good!

Thanks again.

#13 2014-06-11 18:34:53

Fab
Administrator

berkayict wrote:

While you're at it, I have noticed that a .cmd script won't work if you haven't accepted the EULA before.
Is this intended behaviour? This means that with the .exe there will also need to be an .ini file with the value AcceptedV5PROEULA=YES while using a .cmd script.

This is intentional for a simple reason : I want every user to accept the EULA before use.

berkayict wrote:

Also, in the command line builder tool, there is no option to select the Theme. Did you leave it out intentionally?

Not really. When I built this tool, there was no theming option in the main program. Today, I wonder if this can be useful to change color theme in command line. Command line mode is meant to let the program do its job while the user is away doing something else. So, is it worth it ?

berkayict wrote:

I hope I'm not bothering you in a negative way with all these questions, just trying to help ironing some minor flaws out of of the product.

Nope, I understand that.

Fab

#14 2014-06-11 18:54:49

berkayict

berkayict wrote:

fab wrote:

This is intentional for a simple reason : I want every user to accept the EULA before use.

Understood, thanks.

berkayict wrote:

fab wrote:

Not really. When I built this tool, there was no theming option in the main program. Today, I wonder if this can be useful to change color theme in command line. Command line mode is meant to let the program do its job while the user is away doing something else. So, is it worth it ?

It's no biggie, but me personally I'd like to show it in the colours of my company while it's making or restoring the backup. I can assume others would like that too.
But again, it's no big deal at all. It's your decission if you want to implement it or not. I'm fine with either option.

berkayict wrote:

fab wrote:

Nope, I understand that.

Great! Thanks for your time.

#15 2014-06-12 07:56:32

Fab
Administrator

I have found a fix for the OEM character set conversion issue. I have been able copy folders where there are characters with accents in their path from the command line without a hitch.

berkayict wrote:

It's no biggie, but me personally I'd like to show it in the colours of my company while it's making or restoring the backup. I can assume others would like that too.
But again, it's no big deal at all. It's your decission if you want to implement it or not. I'm fine with either option.

This is an understandable point of view. So, I have started doing it. The 'Silent' check box will be removed and I will add a theme dropdown menu with the following items :
- Blue
- Green
- Purple
- Red
- Silent

This way, theming thought the command line will be possible.

Fab

#16 2014-06-12 12:12:57

Fab
Administrator

The update is online smile

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer