Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2014-06-04 18:04:52

Charger440

[SOLVED] Difference

If it is posted somewhere else I apologize but I have been trying to see the difference between 4 and 5.  It is rather obvious that you put a lot of time into the GUI of it but is there a direct comparison of the improvements?  Another thing I noticed was the direct copy of profile info which I thought was cool where the situation allows smile

Thank you, Version 4 has been very handy smile

#2 2014-06-04 18:13:51

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Difference

Hi,

The GUI took a while, that is right. I had to draw everything, including the check boxes wink
Here is a list of the visible differences, the most important are in bold.

List of added features for both 5 and 5 pro versions :
- Ability to restore files to any existing account or to create the target user account straight from the program's interface (if the program is launched as administrator).
- Improved Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird profiles handling
- Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013 typed addresses cache (.nk2 file for older versions) are now supported.
- Ability to register new paths for Microsoft Outlook PST/OST files into the registry. No more need to select the PST file manually at Outlook startup.
- Steam downloaded programs support : no need to download them again after restore.
- The automatic check for updates feature at program startup is back.
- Direct buttons to open user's manual or to go to the technical forum thread.
- Ability to define the default action for files that are going to be overwritten.
- Job logs are saved into html files : easier to read than a simple text file.

Fab's AutoBackup 5 Pro exclusive features:
- Ability to save data from several users profiles at once without limitation.
- Ability to take ownership of the source users profiles with a simple check box. This way, no file is left behind because of permission issues.
- BIG FEATURE : direct disk to disk data transfer! No more need to first backup the files from the old hard drive, then restore them to the new one. Now, this operation can be done at once and for several users profiles at the same time. Just mount the old drive on the new computer (SATA or USB), select it as source drive, set the old profiles/new profiles mapping (new user profiles can be created straight from the program's interface), select the items to transfer and let the tool do its job.

Fab

#3 2014-06-04 18:35:41

Charger440

Re: [SOLVED] Difference

Fab, thank you for the quick response!  That is a nice list of added features to version 5  wink

Jim

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer