Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2014-07-31 14:34:53

Bryan Davies

[SOLVED] Produkey

If Produkey is open/free then it may be beneficial to include it in the default AutoBackup folder as is Sumatra in case an internet connection is not available.

#2 2014-07-31 14:39:07

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Produkey

Bryan Davies wrote:

If Produkey is open/free then it may be beneficial to include it in the default AutoBackup folder as is Sumatra in case an internet connection is not available.

That can be done in a future release as the tool's size is very small.

Fab

#3 2014-07-31 14:43:15

Bryan Davies

That would be great if possible. Two other points - is it possible for the main window to be sizeable or is that a limitation of the existing UI ? And am I correct in assuming that there is now no need to tick "take ownership" when transferring or restoring to a new profile as it is automatically set if required?

Last edited by Bryan Davies (2014-07-31 14:45:34)

#4 2014-07-31 15:01:10

Fab
Administrator

Bryan Davies wrote:

That would be great if possible. Two other points - is it possible for the main window to be sizeable or is that a limitation of the existing UI ? And am I correct in assuming that there is now no need to tick "take ownership" when transferring or restoring to a new profile as it is automatically set if required?

The actual UI makes resizability a pain. As many people dislike the interface, I am working on changing the program's appearence. I am making it resizable.

About taking ownership, the feature is now automatic : if the program can create and delete a test file, there is no need to take the folder's ownership. If the test fails then it applies the appropriate permissions. Other improvement about that : the program used to take ownership of the whole selected users profiles (including useless stuff like temporary files, etc...), now in example, if the permission check fails on "my documents", ownership will only be taken on "my documents" of the user profile being scanned and nothing else.

Fab

#5 2014-07-31 15:04:34

Bryan Davies

Excellent ! Thanks for that clarification. It's so refreshing to have a developer who actually responds to queries. Keep up the great work Fab !

#6 2014-07-31 15:18:55

Bryan Davies

I noticed that it is not possible to do a ProduKey backup on its own without enabling something else as well. By design or necessity ?

#7 2014-07-31 19:57:04

Fab
Administrator

Bryan Davies wrote:

I noticed that it is not possible to do a ProduKey backup on its own without enabling something else as well. By design or necessity ?

This was a mistake.
This has been fixed in the V5.0.0.23792 just released.

Edit : I have removed the other thread you opened to ask the same question

Fab

#8 2014-07-31 20:10:13

Fab
Administrator

Bryan Davies wrote:

This has been included with version 5.0.0.23792

Fab

#9 2014-07-31 21:43:14

Bryan Davies

It's looking and working better already. I think it's time for you to take a rest for now !

#10 2014-08-23 18:59:09

Fab
Administrator

Bryan Davies wrote:

Hi,

I had to remove ProduKey fom the package because it triggers several anti-malware alerts from various programs such as Kaspersky, MalwareBytes, eset Nod32, etc...
This can be very bad for my prgram's reputation. Sorry about that but the situation is now like it was before.

Fab

#11 2014-08-28 22:30:25

Bryan Davies

Shame, but better for all I agree. It's not a big deal to include it ourselves.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer