Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2014-08-15 05:15:05

HaoleBoy

"Failed!" error message, but no details as to what the problem is

Aloha,

I'm using AutoBackup5Pro V5.0.0.23802 on a Win7 Home Premium x64 system to copy a user's files from a disk image to an external hard drive. The last 3 lines of the log file show this:

2014-08-14 - 6:50:47 PM - PUBLIC : Saving product keys with Nirsoft ProduKey
ERROR 2014-08-14 - 6:50:49 PM - Failed!
2014-08-14 - 6:50:49 PM - Backup job is finished!

The logical assumption is that the error is related to ProduKey, but I've seen some software that doesn't show any errors until the exit routine. Assuming the problem is with ProduKey, any idea what the problem is? I'm assuming I can reproduce this error, so if you need me to do something to capture more info, just let me know.

Also, I thought there was a way to attach the log file to this forum post, but I can't find a way to do this.

Mahalo for your assistance,

Harry Z.

#2 2014-08-15 09:01:52

Fab
Administrator

Re: "Failed!" error message, but no details as to what the problem is

HaoleBoy wrote:

Aloha,

I'm using AutoBackup5Pro V5.0.0.23802 on a Win7 Home Premium x64 system to copy a user's files from a disk image to an external hard drive. The last 3 lines of the log file show this:

2014-08-14 - 6:50:47 PM - PUBLIC : Saving product keys with Nirsoft ProduKey
ERROR 2014-08-14 - 6:50:49 PM - Failed!
2014-08-14 - 6:50:49 PM - Backup job is finished!

The logical assumption is that the error is related to ProduKey, but I've seen some software that doesn't show any errors until the exit routine. Assuming the problem is with ProduKey, any idea what the problem is? I'm assuming I can reproduce this error, so if you need me to do something to capture more info, just let me know.

Also, I thought there was a way to attach the log file to this forum post, but I can't find a way to do this.

Mahalo for your assistance,

Harry Z.

Obviously, Produkey could not export the keys from the image. I guess that the image file you were grabbing data from was read only. Produkey may have issues with read only file systems sources.
The "Failed" message is shown just after the program said that it was attempting to export the product keys. It looks like an issue I cannot solve unless developping my own 'ProduKey'...

About attaching the log file, I have added "htm" and "html" extensions to the allowsed file types for upload.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer