Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2014-08-16 17:45:09

happycat

[SOLVED] Microsoft Office Activation, do not use old key

So it seems that Fabs Autobackup tries to use an existing key to activate Office 2007/2010/2013 with an existing license used from the old computer. This works for some clients, but the majority does not. I have to end up uninstalling the software, reinstalling, and entering the key manually. I would rather not import the Microsoft Office key automatically. is this is a setting in Fabs Autobackup that uses this feature that can be unchecked?

I would like to keep the option to auto import the PST and OST files, because that does save a lot of time.

Thanks!

Last edited by happycat (2014-08-16 17:47:08)

#2 2014-08-16 18:57:23

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Microsoft Office Activation, do not use old key

happycat wrote:

So it seems that Fabs Autobackup tries to use an existing key to activate Office 2007/2010/2013 with an existing license used from the old computer. This works for some clients, but the majority does not. I have to end up uninstalling the software, reinstalling, and entering the key manually. I would rather not import the Microsoft Office key automatically. is this is a setting in Fabs Autobackup that uses this feature that can be unchecked?

I would like to keep the option to auto import the PST and OST files, because that does save a lot of time.

Thanks!

The program does not use any key. It just get the activation files (by the way, Office 2013 is not handled because of a different activation method) and restore them where they were. These files have to be restored always on the same computer (in case of nuke and pave process) and after MS office has been reinstalled with the same licence key it has been installed in a first place.

If you have issues with license key or activation, you can use this tool to remove the license key form the local system : Office Key Remover. Then you should be able to enter the client's license key and activate the product.

There is no option to keep it unchecked.

Fab

#3 2014-08-26 17:48:51

happycat

Re: [SOLVED] Microsoft Office Activation, do not use old key

Gotcha, that will work. Thanks for the help, this program saves me a lot of time & hassle!

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer