Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2014-12-02 15:06:00

xochipilli

[SOLVED] selected only pictures, autobackup backups music instead

Hi Fabrice,

Had some small problem : from within windows 7 i backupped 2 users, first i selected "select nothing" then selected only "pictures" with both users.
When the backup was finished I saw it backupped music from both users and not the pictures.
Then i used the "back" button to check if i really checked only "pictures", which was the case.
Then i pressed "back" until the page where you choose which users to backup, then went back forward and saw that on both users only  "music" was checked. I changed that to only pictures again with both users and let autobackup do it's thing again. This time autobackup did backup the right files.

Don't know if you can reproduce it or if it is a recurrent problem, but one should be sure that the right stuff is backupped if no errors occured...

Last edited by xochipilli (2014-12-02 15:09:20)

#2 2014-12-02 17:51:14

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] selected only pictures, autobackup backups music instead

Hi,
I could not reproduce the problem. I was running Windows 7, selected 2 users and did what you described. For both users, everything went fine. I did not have music backed up instead of pictures.

Fab

#3 2014-12-03 08:17:53

xochipilli

I also ran Autobackup in a clean Windows 7 installation with the 2 users allready made on beforehand, ran Autobackup from an usb stick in D7II.
Thanks for trying to reproduce, I'll probably run i the same situation soon, if it reoccurs i'll let you know ...  smile

#4 2014-12-03 08:27:32

Fab
Administrator

xochipilli wrote:

I also ran Autobackup in a clean Windows 7 installation with the 2 users allready made on beforehand, ran Autobackup from an usb stick in D7II.
Thanks for trying to reproduce, I'll probably run i the same situation soon, if it reoccurs i'll let you know ...  smile

Then you should enable the debug mode. This will generate files about the current program and the system settings.
For this, edit the 'autobackup.ini' file, under the '[CONFIG'] section, add this line : 'Debug=1'
Perform the backup like you usually do. When you close the program, there are 2 files under the %tmp% dir :
- AB6FilesList.txt
- AB6Session.ini

The most interesting for me to troubleshoot this issue is the AB6Session.ini file. Email it to me with the backup log.

Fab

#5 2014-12-03 13:09:38

xochipilli

Tried the same on 2 other machines, couldn't reproduce either  neutral

#6 2014-12-03 16:02:01

Fab
Administrator

xochipilli wrote:

Tried the same on 2 other machines, couldn't reproduce either  neutral

OK, so, leave the debug mode enabled for some days. If the issue shows up again, email me the diagnostic files.

Fab

#7 2014-12-24 13:10:51

xochipilli

Had a similar issue, started autobackup of system with 2 users, when i saw one user was empty except for downloads, i went back and deselected that user, but as a result the  location "downloads" of the user i wanted to backup changed to the location of the "downloads" location of the user i just deselected.

AB6Session.zip

Last edited by xochipilli (2014-12-24 13:11:53)

#8 2014-12-29 13:23:09

Fab
Administrator

xochipilli wrote:

Had a similar issue, started autobackup of system with 2 users, when i saw one user was empty except for downloads, i went back and deselected that user, but as a result the  location "downloads" of the user i wanted to backup changed to the location of the "downloads" location of the user i just deselected.

I have been able to reproduce the issue. The users items were not properly reinitialized when going back to the users selection screen but only when going back to the welcome screen instead. I have put the reset instructions there too. Now, it behaves normally.
I have some other things to sort out, then I will release the update.
Thanks for this feedback.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer