Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-01-02 09:11:30

xochipilli

[SOLVED] Additional Files restore problem

Hi, only a small nuisance, but when you backup additional files from a boot disk or a harddisk connected to another pc, usually the drive letter is not C:\.
So when restoring i change the restore location to c:\, but if a folder was backupped like "f:\folder1" it restore it to "c:\f\folder1" instead of the original location.
Also, when restoring addition folders, every file restore fails once, then on the second attempt it copies the file without problem...

#2 2015-01-02 10:26:08

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Additional Files restore problem

Hi,
drive letters handling are not so easy to handle as configurations may be very different from a computer to another. A computer can be set to have its system drive on F: instead of C: and the program cannot guess it. This is why it will put the files in a C:\F\xxx folder if you choose to put back the files in C. Then, just move them where they belong.
About the copy issue you encountered, I have just simulated a restore like you described from a F drive to C and I did not have any issue. That said, I have made some changes on the build I am working on at the moment. Its behavior may be different from the actual official release.

Fab

#3 2015-01-02 12:02:30

xochipilli

Fab wrote:

Hi,
drive letters handling are not so easy to handle as configurations may be very different from a computer to another. A computer can be set to have its system drive on F: instead of C: and the program cannot guess it. This is why it will put the files in a C:\F\xxx folder if you choose to put back the files in C. Then, just move them where they belong.

I know, not a big issue, but maybee it's possible to have an option to "cut off" the first part of the restore path?

Fab wrote:

About the copy issue you encountered, I have just simulated a restore like you described from a F drive to C and I did not have any issue. That said, I have made some changes on the build I am working on at the moment. Its behavior may be different from the actual official release.

I had this quite a few times, though i think it only occurs when restoring from my (password protected) network drive.
I does copy everything on the second attempt, so it doesn't matter much
I'll wait for the new update release, if it reoccurs i'll post again smile

#4 2015-01-02 13:33:28

Fab
Administrator

xochipilli wrote:

I know, not a big issue, but maybee it's possible to have an option to "cut off" the first part of the restore path?

That cannot be done : if you choose to backup additional folders from D:\folder1 and E:\Folder2, there is no way to say that folder 1 has to be restored at c:\Folder1 and set folder2 to be restored on another drive.
Sometimes, there are parts of the job that still require manual steps  hmm

Fab

#5 2015-01-07 08:05:15

xochipilli

You're right, manual then...

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer