Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-03-10 13:07:55

xsel777

backup did not copy users docs

Can anyone advise why this happened.

Backup completely skipped the users documents, nearly 3gigs.

Profile is a domain user.

backup and restore NOT "as administrator"

I dont use as administrator since on version 4 pro, I was backing up multiple user profiles, and several profiles had many file copy failures-access denied.
I had to log in individually and backup seperately. not on a domain.

It would be great to heare from you on this matter.
I sub contract for another guy, and this is the second time backup missed stuff, so I am looking a bit like a fool from the other guys point of view.

#2 2015-03-10 13:14:43

Fab
Administrator

Re: backup did not copy users docs

xsel777 wrote:

Can anyone advise why this happened.

Backup completely skipped the users documents, nearly 3gigs.

Profile is a domain user.

backup and restore NOT "as administrator"

I dont use as administrator since on version 4 pro, I was backing up multiple user profiles, and several profiles had many file copy failures-access denied.
I had to log in individually and backup seperately. not on a domain.

It would be great to heare from you on this matter.
I sub contract for another guy, and this is the second time backup missed stuff, so I am looking a bit like a fool from the other guys point of view.

Hi,
V6 pro runs as administrator no matter what. It is designed to work like this. Then, you may have experienced a permission issue on files within a password protected user profile.
In my latest development builds, I have made some changes on the algorithms that are used to take files and folders ownership and set permissions in such profiles.
I have sent a download link to a test build in your private messages. Just let me know if that solves your problem.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer