Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-03-18 20:50:13

clickright

[SOLVED] Files "Not found"

Hi,

I am using the backup function in version 6.0.1.25353.

I am trying to copy from two user profiles to which I can see and copy files from in Windows Explorer without issue.

When I launch Fab's and select the profiles, it says "Not Found" under desktop, documents, etc. Even though there are many files in these folders.

Any ideas?

#2 2015-03-18 20:57:47

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Files "Not found"

Hi, the program uses the user profile registry hive (ntuser.dat in the user profile directory). If it cannot load these files, it cannot find the paths. That said, there may be some permission issues causing this. I have made som changes regarding this in my latest development builds. If you want to test it I can send a download link in a private message

Fab

#3 2015-03-18 21:09:09

clickright

Hi Fab,

If you could kindly provide the test version it would be greatly appreciated smile

#4 2015-03-18 21:11:31

Fab
Administrator

clickright wrote:

Hi Fab,

If you could kindly provide the test version it would be greatly appreciated smile

I have just sent it to your private mailbox

Fab

#5 2015-03-18 21:57:22

clickright

Fab wrote:
clickright wrote:

Hi Fab,

I have just sent it to your private mailbox

Thanks Fab! Just tried it and having the same problem. However, on a whim I tried to log into both profiles that were not copying and got the dreaded "The user profile service failed the logon" error.

I was able to rectify AND fix Fab's not being able to find by following the steps under Step 1 to resolve: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

Thanks a TON for your help!

#6 2015-03-18 22:20:39

Fab
Administrator

clickright wrote:

I was able to rectify AND fix Fab's not being able to find by following the steps under Step 1 to resolve: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

Thanks a TON for your help!

Very well done wink

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer