Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-03-18 23:15:53

zdravo

[SOLVED] Mail PassView / Network Password Recovery / Wireless Key View

Hi,

New user and one suggestion.

What about putting a Mail PassView in the Fab's AutoBackup
I believe it will save a lot of time to service personel.

#2 2015-03-19 08:17:45

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Mail PassView / Network Password Recovery / Wireless Key View

zdravo wrote:

Hi,

New user and one suggestion.

What about putting a Mail PassView in the Fab's AutoBackup
I believe it will save a lot of time to service personel.

You are not the first person to ask for it.

I understand the need and I have already integrated ProduKey.
This will not be done whit MailPassView because this utility only works for the current logged in user on the current system drive. It will NOT work in this cases :
- Running the Fab's AutoBackup 6 Pro for another user account.
- Running the Fab's AutoBackup 6 Pro the current non admin user (it prompts for privilege elevation and this way, runs with other credentials).
- Running the Fab's AutoBackup 6 Pro to get data from a pulled drive.

That means that the option would be grayed out in most of the time. People will "scream" at me because the feature do NOT work for them and I will have to explain why every time.

Sorry if it is disappointing for you but it is not worth it.

Fab

#3 2015-11-23 15:18:12

Fab
Administrator

Due to popular demands, support for several third party tools from NirSoft (Network Password Recovery, Mail Pass View et Wireless Network Key View) has been added. Just be aware that these tools will not work when using them against pulled hard drives, unbootable systems  or other user profiles than the current one running Fab's AutoBackup. These tools have not been integrated until today because of these reasons. They are now for tech people who know what they are doing. No technical support for this will be provided

Fab

#4 2017-05-24 00:55:58

HaoleBoy

Nir Soft has a new utility named Uninstall View which does a pretty nice job of listing the installed software (even for "offline" drives) and exporting the information to a variety of file formats (csv, text, etc.). I'm not sure it lists EVERY program that you might see in the "Programs and Features" window but this would be a worthwhile addition to Fab's.

Please consider this suggestion,

Mahalo,

Harry Z.

#5 2017-05-24 05:19:50

Fab
Administrator

Hi,
There is already such built in feature in Fab's AutoBackup that also works against offline drives. So, I do not see the interest in integrating this tool. What does it brings that is better?

Fab

#6 2017-07-12 06:32:04

HaoleBoy

My apologies for not replying sooner. I did not get notified that you had responded.

In short, the Uninstall View tool provides a LOT more information. Please see attached files generated by Fab's and Uninstall View against the same source disk image (i.e. an offline disk).

Mahalo for considering my suggestion

Harry Zisko

Nirsoft_Installed_Software_List.htm

InstalledSoftwareList.htm

#7 2017-07-12 06:41:54

Fab
Administrator

HaoleBoy wrote:

In short, the Uninstall View tool provides a LOT more information. Please see attached files generated by Fab's and Uninstall View against the same source disk image (i.e. an offline disk).

Yes, there is a lot more information in the Nirsoft file. Except the version number, I still have a problem understanding which information that is not in Fab's AutoBackup list that could be relevant for reinstalling software on the new computer. There is already the product name, the about, update and support URLs and that should be enough when looking for installers on the internet. What information would you like to see in the Fab's AutoBackup list?

Fab

#8 2018-03-14 12:06:05

andyr

Just recently whenever i run backup and select Nirsoft utilities the mail passview  and network password sections have to be saved manually.
This used to happen automatically. Has something changed?

#9 2018-03-14 12:33:42

Fab
Administrator

Hello,

These items only work for the current logged in user. If you are backing up data from another user profile (or another hard drive), these tools just do not work.

I have just tested it against a live Windows 10 user profile and both items have been grabbed whithout problem.

Fab

#10 2018-03-14 13:48:15

andyr

Thanks for you reply.  I'm logged on as the user and the passwords etc. are being grabbed but it's like I'm running the utilities separately as I have to select the entries, save them and then when I close the nirsoft utility...fabs continues.

#11 2018-03-14 13:52:45

Fab
Administrator

It looks like you are using Nirsoft tools you have downloaded yourself right?
The ones do not work in command line mode. The versions downloaded within the app do.
I advise you to update to the latest Fab's AutoBackup 6 Pro version in a first place and let it download the tools (check their boxes and let it do its thing).

Fab

#12 2018-03-15 00:04:55

andyr

Thank you once again for your reply.
I think I now realise what happened.
An antivirus package removed Mail PassView and I think I must have just copied across my own copy, as you suggested, to replace it...leading to the errors you described!
Appreciate your support on this.
Regards, Andy

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer