Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-05-28 21:07:06

Stine161

Out of Memory Errors

I have Fabs running and it seems with very long path and file names I get a "Out of Memory" Error.

If I click on the "ok" button the backup porcess just hangs. then when I cancel I get a error:
access file violation in module "Autobackup6Pro.exe"

Only ever happen with long file paths and names....

#2 2015-05-29 08:02:25

Fab
Administrator

Re: Out of Memory Errors

Hi, does the problem happen when you select a too log path to store the backup ? If so, It may be better to use shorter paths. The program writes to ini files and this can be the problem's source when these configuration files are stored in too long paths. It has a tolerance for long paths but only for copy file tasks. Using shorter locations for backups is definitely a better choice.

Fab

#3 2015-06-25 17:44:37

Stine161

I have taken all the long paths out, and I am still getting out of memory errors, seems to work okay on smaller backups less than 5 GB but larger ones 20+ GB it will fail
If you would like a log file or anything please let me know

Or any other suggestions on getting past this error would be great!

#4 2015-06-25 19:07:35

Fab
Administrator

First of all, you should download the latest version. There are changes with the ini files it writes to make it working with large paths.
If you still have errors, perform the job with the debug mode enabled (right click the program's title bar and select "Debug mode").
Then, send me the debug report using the form that will appear when closing the program. Some details about the computer (system memory amount or anything you think it could help) in the comments may be useful too.

Does anyone else have to deal with such errors?

Fab

#5 2015-06-26 11:16:44

Fab
Administrator

Just for information, I have just tested the program with a 92GB file on a Win 8.1 Pro x64 machine with 8GB of RAM and had no problem.
This is why I need as much informations as possible to reproduce your issue.

Fab

#6 2016-08-01 00:22:43

lrthames

Hi - I am getting Out of Memory errors as well. I have 120GB to backup. It's failing on the Pictures folder. There are thousands of pictures. Please tell me what info you need to help me solve this issue.

#7 2016-08-01 07:58:39

Fab
Administrator

lrthames wrote:

Hi - I am getting Out of Memory errors as well. I have 120GB to backup. It's failing on the Pictures folder. There are thousands of pictures. Please tell me what info you need to help me solve this issue.

HI,

I guess you have spotted the problem: there are thousands of files to copy here. The program uses a string list before it starts the copy job. After some searches, this string list component can grow up to 2 GB (it contains the kind of item being copied, its source path and its destination path). I guess it reached these 2GB in memory and then the program crashed.
I suggest you copy this pictures folder by hand until I find a way to bypass this limit.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer