Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-06-16 19:52:47

neilyoung1

[SOLVED] Problems restoring and creating local user accounts

Hi,

I am using V6 Pro (6.1.1.25644) and for the first time I have decided to use the add local user account feature when restoring.  This does indeed create a folder under the users path but does not present and icon to log in with at the login screen.  There are relevant entries under the profilelist in the registry.  I am trying to restore to Windows 8.1.

Is this a bug or am I not using it correctly? Is there a way to add these users to the login screen?  I have tried to add a new user via the control panel but Windows tells me the users are already registered.

Many thanks for any help

#2 2015-06-16 20:48:11

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Problems restoring and creating local user accounts

Hi,
I have been able to reproduce the issue. It happens when creating non admin users.
The fix will be in the next release.

To solve your problem, proceed as follows (This works on non-Pro Win 8 as well) :

- Open a privileged command prompt: Open Explorer and search for 'cmd.exe'. When it appears in the file list, right-click and select 'Run as Administrator'.
- In the privileged command prompt window, enter the following command:

net localgroup users "username" /add

That should do the trick.

Fab

#3 2015-06-16 21:20:17

neilyoung1

Thanks Fab, this has done the trick.  I was actually wanting to create it as an admin account anyway and forgot to check the box.

Glad I could help find and fix a bug smile

#4 2015-06-22 11:58:09

Fab
Administrator

neilyoung1 wrote:

Glad I could help find and fix a bug smile

Hi,
an official fixed version is available for download.
Thanks for your help smile

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer