Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-07-08 20:03:42

Mentorman

[SOLVED] Programs transfered but not Installed

I am finding with the latest version that a lot of the program file folders for programs are being transferred as well but of course they are not installing. I found this after cleaning dead shortcuts from the desktop the tool I use was not cleaning some program that I did not install on the machine and then found the links work because the files are in the program folder.
Is this a new feature you are playing with? Is there an option I'm missing to turn this off?

#2 2015-07-08 20:07:12

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Programs transfered but not Installed

Hi,
The program is not designed to move entire installed programs. It just handle their data. You have to reinstall them manually.

Fab

#3 2015-07-08 20:17:03

Mentorman

The issue is not whether I want them installed. The Autobackup6Pro is transferring the folders automatically to the new computer without requesting they be transferred. I am not choosing them under Additional files. I am just connecting the old drive to the new machine as an external and using the transfer option to put the old data on the new machine Using the default options and the program file folder are being copied over for some reason.

#4 2015-07-08 20:22:08

Fab
Administrator

Ok, I did not understand properly.
In order to help me finding out what is wrong, can you perform the transfer job with the debug mode enabled?
To enable it, right click the program's title bar and select "Debug mode". Then, do the transfer job. When you will close the program, a debug report pop up will show up. Fill the email address field with yours, put some comments and send the report.

Thanks

Fab

#5 2015-07-08 20:28:25

Mentorman

My mistake. I still had the old drive connected and shortcuts were referencing the program files on the old drive.
When I disconnected the old drive everything was fine.
Sorry for the trouble.

#6 2015-07-08 20:32:23

Fab
Administrator

Good. I can stop sweating now  big_smile

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer