Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-08-17 15:15:27

schwags

[SOLVED] Wildcard search feature?

A few times I have suggested a wildcard search feature similar to the one that was included in the D7 backup function. Since D7 backup is no longer supported, and fabs is our only real choice (besides images, which we DO do, but not always because of the time or other constraints). I feel this is the one main feature that Fabs is missing, and the inclusion of this feature would greatly improve the function of Fabs. Fabrice had said that it was something he was looking into, but it has been almost 2 years now, and I have not seen the feature added. We recently had a data loss situation where canon zoombrowser files were lost (stores in c:\program files\canon\zoombrowser) and I would really like to avoid this in the future. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea? I know it could add some time, but it would be optional, and normally we aren't sitting there watching this program work anyway, so time is not as important as getting ALL data...thoughts?

#2 2015-08-19 07:05:29

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Wildcard search feature?

schwags wrote:

Fabrice had said that it was something he was looking into, but it has been almost 2 years now, and I have not seen the feature added.

Yes that is right. The fact is that I had to drop off that feature as I had much work with other features and bug fixing.

I have started working on it again yesterday. I am starting with a text field in the "additional files" panel and the program will look for these files on the selected system drive.

Fab

#3 2015-08-25 14:46:26

Fab
Administrator

@schwags : I have just sent a test build to you via private message.
Let me know if it is OK.

Cheers,

Fab

#4 2015-09-07 09:21:40

Fab
Administrator

The feature is now availbale in official release.
6.2.1.26064 is ready for download

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer