Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2015-12-14 18:41:25

fencepost

Preserve date/time on directories?

Just wondering if it's possible to preserve the date/time stamps on directories when backing them up and restoring them.

#2 2015-12-14 20:44:04

Fab
Administrator

Re: Preserve date/time on directories?

fencepost wrote:

Just wondering if it's possible to preserve the date/time stamps on directories when backing them up and restoring them.

There is no way to do this. The program works with a copy file list and it creates the folders when they do not exist. That is why they cannot keep their dates.

Fab

#3 2015-12-15 06:21:33

fencepost

I wasn't sure - I know robocopy is able to do this with the /dcopy:T argument, but I wasn't sure how it was implemented or whether it was something you could duplicate.

I did a little digging to see if I could track down how it's implemented there and didn't have any luck though apparently this is new since Vista (and robocopy XP027?), but apparently PowerShell also treats the directory creation, modification and access times as settable properties: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib … 47751.aspx

#4 2015-12-15 10:22:29

Fab
Administrator

fencepost wrote:

I wasn't sure - I know robocopy is able to do this with the /dcopy:T argument, but I wasn't sure how it was implemented or whether it was something you could duplicate.

I did a little digging to see if I could track down how it's implemented there and didn't have any luck though apparently this is new since Vista (and robocopy XP027?), but apparently PowerShell also treats the directory creation, modification and access times as settable properties: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib … 47751.aspx

I have found a way to this programatically. Now, I am facing a problem: then the program creates a bunch of folders at once, each folders in the path has its dates and timestamps, so, I have to get each of them, folder by folder and set the informations on the target too. A real brain torture  tongue

Fab

#5 2017-12-27 20:02:41

HaoleBoy

Fab wrote:

I have found a way to this programatically. Now, I am facing a problem: then the program creates a bunch of folders at once, each folders in the path has its dates and timestamps, so, I have to get each of them, folder by folder and set the informations on the target too. A real brain torture  tongue

Has this been implemented? I just did a "data transfer" from a pulled hard drive to a new machine and noticed that the directories have the current date and time.  Using V6.11.3.31366, Windows 10 1709.

Mahahlo,

Harry Z

#6 2017-12-27 20:05:44

Fab
Administrator

HaoleBoy wrote:
Fab wrote:

Has this been implemented? I just did a "data transfer" from a pulled hard drive to a new machine and noticed that the directories have the current date and time.  Using V6.11.3.31366, Windows 10 1709.

Mahahlo,

Harry Z

No it has not. Like I said, it is hard to do and worse, it slows down the performance due to more input/output operations on the drives.

Fab

#7 2018-04-13 06:33:31

Fab
Administrator

MonteroMr wrote:

Hi, how do I set something for a due date, or defer date, without it having a time, which presumably then drives an alert.

I just need to know to do something on a specific date/day, is this possible?

Thank you for your help

Hi, I am not sure your question is Fab's AutoBackup related. Is it?

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer