Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2016-05-23 16:01:59

vernongeek

Non-standard folders under User Profile

Had a recent issue with a Data Transfer using Fabs 6 Pro:

Connected client drive for transfer, left all the default transfer settings, checked the root folders for additional root-level items to add to the transfer, and sent the transfer on its way.  Client picked up the computer and claimed a massive amount of files were missing.  Deeper research showed they had created additional non-standard (ie. not Documents, Music, Video, etc) folders in the root of their User profile (ex \Users\Jim\Contracts) and also quite a few loose files in the root of the user account (\Users\Jim\cashflow.xlsx, \Users\Jim\agreement.docx, etc).

Is this a known behaviour to ignore non-standard folders and files within the root of a User Profile.  If not, has it been address or being addressed?  I confess I am using an older build of Fabs 6 Pro.  Has this been addressed in more recent builds?

I love Fabs for it's automation, but now I am left second guessing all my previous data transfers...  Also, I prefer not to have to dig into each users profile to search for rogue folders the user has created within their user profile.  This is especially challenging when doing a Transfer, versus a backup, as I do not have view permissions of their profiles via Windows Explorer without taking additional steps.

Please advise.  Thank you!

#2 2016-05-24 08:06:17

Fab
Administrator

Re: Non-standard folders under User Profile

Hi,
I would not advise to use the additional files and folders feature in transfer mode. As you can see, this feature is under the "public items" tab. That means it is designed to handle public non standard stuff. To make things right, I would have to add others additional files and folders but just for the user profile. This stuff is very tricky to handle. Is it really worth it?

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer