Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2016-07-12 16:10:26

Dr_Jon

[SOLVED] Windows 10 upgrade question

I'm looking at upgrading a couple of computers from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while it's still free. I did a test run in a virtual machine a little while back and it needed a bit of registry hacking to sort it out afterwards (and it magically deleted a few files along the way it said it didn't like). What are the feelings about using Autobackup before/after the upgrade, is it likely to get me any extra quality in the user profile / windows generally and are there any known issues?

(To save comments there's some software licensed on the machines that can't be relicensed, so it's upgrade or nothing. Of course nothing is a valid option. Just to be safe I'll image the boot drives before the upgrade.)

#2 2016-07-12 16:17:21

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Windows 10 upgrade question

Hi,
There is no issue backing up data from Windows 7 and restoring to Windows 10. Since you are upgrading, you should not have to backup because the files would remain where the were. Anyway, it is better to make sure you have everything secured before proceeding wink

Fab

#3 2016-07-12 16:22:57

Dr_Jon

Thanks - I noticed a few (5) .reg files in the backup, so presumably some stuff gets poked back into the registry when restoring?

#4 2016-07-12 16:25:16

Fab
Administrator

Dr_Jon wrote:

Thanks - I noticed a few (5) .reg files in the backup, so presumably some stuff gets poked back into the registry when restoring?

That is right. Nothing incompatible with Windows 10 anyway.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer