Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2016-07-26 22:25:23

MJMNetwork

Fabs Autobackup 6 Pro Shuts down / Crash

I did a backup using fabs without any problem on said computer.

To after i did a clean install of windows 10 Home Version 64 bit.

Same as it had before.

Now after clean install i launch fabs, run restore it shows up i go to all the next next. Then it starts you see the black background with all the stuff not giving status info yet. Then out no where in few seconds it just shuts down cuts off. This happens over and over sad

I run fabs as Admin my version of fabs is 6.4.2.27328

Windows is a HP Computer model S3620f

With 4 GB Ram

#2 2016-07-27 07:46:16

Fab
Administrator

Re: Fabs Autobackup 6 Pro Shuts down / Crash

Hi,
There must be a problem with a file in the backup that may got corrupt or something.
First, we have to spot which item causes the crash.
Try to restore each item one by one until the crash happens again. If it happens on the first attempt, try again selecting only one other item (leave the first one unchecked of course). If there is no crash in the second case then the one that contains the faulty file.

Another possibility is a problem with the the drive that contains the Fab's AutoBackup executable and/or the backup (power issue with an usb drive in example). Put everything in the folder on the local drive and try from there.

Fab

#3 2016-07-27 20:14:09

MJMNetwork

Well thanks for replying. I have not had this problem before. So i do not understand why it is happening now.

However it looks like when i try to restore any of the PST outlook files it would crash. After removing those from the restore it worked fine.

After restore was done i try to do just the PST files but it would crash. I have been in the past able to backup PST files before i don't understand why not now :-(

But thanks for the reply!

#4 2016-07-27 20:33:14

Fab
Administrator

These PST files may be corrupted. Are you able to import them manually in Outlook?

Fab

#5 2016-07-28 02:29:02

MJMNetwork

I was able to transfer the data manually. However i did not do an outlook restore as it was a customer computer and they had to reinstall there office program. Hopefully all is well and he does not have problems later.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer