Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2016-07-28 14:45:07

shabador

[SOLVED] AB6 will not start

Hi

Just bought AB6 Pro and it will not launch properly (the process starts and sits in the task manager, but the gui does not show up). Is there a problem with the latest available download? I tried the AB6 Pro Trial, and that exe starts up as it should.

Tested on 3 different PCs (win10, win8, win7). It extracts fine, but also tried redownloading it from several browsers/PCs. The extracted AutoBackup6Pro.exe is 7352 KB.

#2 2016-07-28 20:56:09

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] AB6 will not start

Hi, there may be a problem for the program checking your license.
Have you ever entered your order number and email address at startup?
Something may prevent it from downloading license information from the database.

Try to add this section to your 'autobackup.ini' file replacing the values in red with your information:

[ORDER-AUTOBACKUP6PRO.EXE]
OrderID=XXXX
CustomerEmailAddress=address@domain.com

Trial version has not this license check, so, it starts without even trying to reach the internet.

I hope that will help.

Fab

#3 2016-07-28 21:55:37

shabador

No, it did not present a GUI at all on first launch. The autobackup.ini has not been generated. I tried just creating one with the section you suggested, but it did not resolve the issue.

Now the trial version is suffering from the same problem. Just tried the trial versions of both AB6 and AB6Pro on two of my home computers. The process shows in the task manager, but nothing more happens.

Also tried teamviewing to one of my workstations and relaunching the trial version I had working earlier today on that computer: Same problem on that one now.

Last edited by shabador (2016-07-28 21:56:13)

#4 2016-07-28 22:04:36

Fab
Administrator

I have just sent another version used recently for a limited giveaway. Let me know if this one works for you.

Fab

#5 2016-07-28 23:05:12

shabador

Fixed with the ini from the version linked on PM and some tweaking. Thank you.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer