Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2016-11-04 17:14:46

JJR

No mapping error

I have an old Vista PC here that I need to backup, but I'm getting this error message "No Mapping For Unicode Character Exists In The Target Multi-Byte Core Page"
I have not had this error before when using Fabs, Does anyone know how to get past this?

Dave

#2 2016-11-04 21:00:38

Fab
Administrator

Re: No mapping error

Hi,
I have never seen such error message before. When does this happen?

Fab

#3 2016-11-05 08:34:50

Fab
Administrator

If that issue happens at startup, I may have an idea:
When loading, the program lists the languages files in a drop down menu. Some of them are named with foreign special characters like Greek or Russian. I would delete all the unneeded language uni files in the "language" folder and try again.

Fab

#4 2016-11-05 09:39:45

JJR

Hi Fab
Solved!
The problem disappeared when I cleared the option to backup Desktop wallpaper. Obviously a problem on this infected PC.
Thanks
Dave

BTW I took your advice and cleared the Language folder, leaving only English, but it made no difference.

Last edited by JJR (2016-11-05 09:47:40)

#5 2016-11-08 07:52:20

Fab
Administrator

JJR wrote:

BTW I took your advice and cleared the Language folder, leaving only English, but it made no difference.

Of course it did not. Since the problem was from a corrupt desktop wallpaper. It was just an idea regarding to the unicode mapping character error message. That is the only part of the program that explicitly displays foreign characters, whatever is the startup language, so it could be related. It was not.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer