Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2016-12-22 22:10:56

eseelke

[SOLVED] Relative Paths

I am using AutoBackup Pro with another tool. Because of this the path will always change.

How do I change the ini path for ProduKey and other tools so that they are always seen?

I tried the following, but it didn't work.
ProduKeyPath=%AutoBackupDrive%\ProduKey\ProduKey.exe

Is there an %AutoBackupRoot% or something similar variable?

#2 2016-12-23 17:56:08

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Relative Paths

The %AutoBackupDrive% variable is enough. You do not have to set it by yourself. Once you let the program download produkey, its path is stored in the AutoBackup.ini file with the %autobackupdrive% variable as root. This way, the real path does not matter.

Fab

#3 2016-12-23 18:01:26

eseelke

Well then, it's not working. When I look at the ini file, it has a complete path, ie. ProduKeyPath=%AutoBackupDrive%\Users\eddie\Amazon Drive\Downloads\RepairShopr\autobackup6pro\Produkey\ProduKey.exe. If I change it, and then run on another device, it shows that ProduKey is not installed even though the folder is there.

#4 2016-12-23 18:05:23

Fab
Administrator

eseelke wrote:

Well then, it's not working. When I look at the ini file, it has a complete path, ie. ProduKeyPath=%AutoBackupDrive%\Users\eddie\Amazon Drive\Downloads\RepairShopr\autobackup6pro\Produkey\ProduKey.exe. If I change it, and then run on another device, it shows that ProduKey is not installed even though the folder is there.

Well, I have not thought about this case but just the case of using an external drive which lettter changes from a system to another. I definitely need to change the way it works to handle such case.

Fab

#5 2016-12-23 18:09:25

eseelke

Maybe a variable like %AutoBackupPath% which would point to where the autobackuppro6.exe file is? Or just use relative paths?

#6 2016-12-23 18:12:58

Fab
Administrator

eseelke wrote:

Maybe a variable like %AutoBackupPath% which would point to where the autobackuppro6.exe file is? Or just use relative paths?

Yes if it is within the AutoBackup's folder. Sometimes, people like to put it in a totally different folder, so, that will not be enough. That is a good start point anyway. I will not be able to add it before the end of the month because I am on Christmas vacation, far away from any computer. It is stored in my to do list.

Fab

#7 2016-12-23 18:20:38

eseelke

Ok, thanks. Happy Holidays!

#8 2016-12-29 16:01:12

Fab
Administrator

eseelke wrote:

Ok, thanks. Happy Holidays!

As promised, I have started this work.
I have a version that you can test and let me know if it is OK for you.
Just check your PMs for the download link.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer