Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2017-01-13 13:56:57

jzukerman

CLSID not registered error message

Hello,

I've been using Autobackup 6 Pro for awhile now (a year+??) and encountered my first issue ever with it. Working on a client's Windows 7 computer, when I try to run Autobackup on the computer, I get the following error message every single time I run Autobackup6.exe:

I08cgCB.jpg

I redownloaded Autobackup 6 Pro from the store to be sure I did not have a broken copy. I tried running as administrator. I tried running from a flashdrive and the customer's harddrive. I removed all security software. None of that worked. I searched the registry for this CLSID. It looks like the registry keys are not corrupted. I checked a freshly reinstalled Windows 7 computer and the CLSID looks the same (going by memory as I don't have the customer's computer in front of me). Googling shows that possible corrupt registry key, but haven't been able to find out how.

Thoughts?

#2 2017-01-13 14:00:54

Fab
Administrator

Re: CLSID not registered error message

Hi,

After some Google searches, it appears that {56FDF344-FD6D-11d0-958A-006097C9A090} is related to a windows component called "Task Bar Communication" (Windows\system32\explorerframe.dll)
Other programs (not just mine) may throw this error message too.
To fix it (not sure that will work), you can try this:

- Export the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{56FDF344-FD6D-11d0-958A-006097C9A090}" registry key from this computer as a backup.
- Export the same registry key from a healthy machine with a similar operating system (in example Win7 if the sick computer is Win7 too)
- Import the registry file from the good machine on the faulty computer

If you are dealing with a 64bit Windows, then do this too:
- Export the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{56FDF344-FD6D-11d0-958A-006097C9A090}" registry key from this computer as a backup.
- Export the same registry key from a healthy machine with a similar operating system
- Import the registry file from the good machine on the faulty computer
Reboot the computer and run the program again and hopefully, that will work.

If is still throw errors, then try to get the system32\explorerframe.dll and SysWOW64\explorerframe.dll (in case of a 64bit windows) file(s) from the healthy machine and overwrite the one(s) on the faulty PC.

Fab

#3 2017-01-17 20:24:17

jzukerman

Re: CLSID not registered error message

I ran system file checker but that did not fix the issue. I copied 6 registry keys with the same CLSID from a cleanly reinstalled Windows 7 computer over to the customer's computer. 2 or 3 of the keys could not be run as the key was being accessed. But the other 3 installed and that got Autobackup working.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer