Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2017-04-30 04:04:30

occsean

Program quit with only a few KB remaining on a 100GB backup &

When this happens are there any logs stored anywhere so I can figure out what happened?

Also, another question, which I think I may know the answer to. When Fab's skips over data is it because the source disk is damaged (bad sectors etc)? Can't really think of any other reason why data would be listed but then produce an error when trying to transfer

Thanks,

#2 2017-05-02 07:22:39

Fab
Administrator

Re: Program quit with only a few KB remaining on a 100GB backup &

occsean wrote:

When this happens are there any logs stored anywhere so I can figure out what happened?

This could happen when a file's size changed between the time it has been listed for copy (its size was added to the total files size amount) and the time it has been copied. That can explain why there can be some glitches like that. This is not monitored anywhere since there is no error in the process.

occsean wrote:

Also, another question, which I think I may know the answer to. When Fab's skips over data is it because the source disk is damaged (bad sectors etc)? Can't really think of any other reason why data would be listed but then produce an error when trying to transfer

That is a reason. It can also skip files if they are in use while the program tries to copy them.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer