Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2017-09-01 20:17:57

Kaizen

[SOLVED] broken edge

If we restore and edge is broken do to different builds of win 10, what is the best way to fix it?

#2 2017-09-01 20:20:54

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] broken edge

Kaizen wrote:

If we restore and edge is broken do to different builds of win 10, what is the best way to fix it?

Just look at the restore log. There is a warning about that in it and it also says which Edge folder has been renamed before restore attempt. All you will have to do is to remove the restored folder and remove the '.original' from the renamed folder's name. After that, Edge will work again but there will not be favorites in it. Thanks Microsoft for working with databases instead of .url files like in Internet Explorer!

Fab

#3 2017-09-01 20:27:31

Kaizen

thank you!

#4 2017-09-06 01:49:41

hmarner

Is there any way to have this option unchecked by default? I get a lot of mismatched Windows 10 versions for transfers, and breaking a browser by default seems like it outweighs the ability to move bookmarks over in select circumstances. I would much rather select it on a case by case basis rather than have it break something.

#5 2017-09-06 12:33:10

Fab
Administrator

hmarner wrote:

Is there any way to have this option unchecked by default? I get a lot of mismatched Windows 10 versions for transfers, and breaking a browser by default seems like it outweighs the ability to move bookmarks over in select circumstances. I would much rather select it on a case by case basis rather than have it break something.

That is a good idea. I am adding some changes in order to uncheck this item by default when performing restore or transfer jobs. in case of a backup job, I prefer keeping it enabled so the technician will still have the ability to restore that if really needed.

Fab

#6 2017-09-09 07:03:23

hmarner

Fab wrote:

That is a good idea. I am adding some changes in order to uncheck this item by default when performing restore or transfer jobs. in case of a backup job, I prefer keeping it enabled so the technician will still have the ability to restore that if really needed.

That sounds logical to me, thank you!

#7 2017-09-14 07:38:53

Fab
Administrator

hmarner wrote:

That sounds logical to me, thank you!

Of course it is. I was not thinking it would be so harmful and time consuming.
The next update will uncheck this item only when there is a risk. In this case, the item is colored in orange and an explanation is shown when the mouse cursor is over it. The program's behavior looks good.

Fab

#8 2017-09-19 10:21:55

Fab
Administrator

Just to let you know, the 6.11.0.31197 update has been released and it fixes that issue.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer