Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2017-12-04 15:36:04

OaksLabs

[SOLVED] Command line restore not working

Hello,

I'm evaluating Fabs for my office, and I'm running into an issue (with the trial version). I have two network drives mapped, T:\ for the Fabs program, and S:\ for the data. I then run the following command:

"T:\AutoBackup6Trial.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\TEST" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="test" /ALWAYSOVERWRITE /ALL

This PC is a domain joined one, logged in with the domain account "test" that I'm trying to restore to (it's a non-administrator account). When I run the command, the Fabs program runs for a few seconds (as seen in Task Manager) and then closes, and it appears that the data is not restored. I did a test, and the restore works though the GUI.

The S:\ drive contents look like this:

sfdl?sf_share_id=sb0908916c3348599

Can anyone advise a solution to get the command line restore working?

#2 2017-12-04 15:43:30

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Command line restore not working

Hi,
You should replace mapped drives with their full UNC paths in your script since mapped drives do not follow privilege elevation. This is why it is not working this way.

Fab

#3 2017-12-14 16:39:59

OaksLabs

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I did some testing, and the UNC path does not seem to solve the issue. I run the command:

\\prep-app\tools\AutoBackup6Trial.exe /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="\\prep-app\backups\TEST" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="test" /ALWAYSOVERWRITE /ALL

and I still get the same behavior, where the GUI of the application flashes, and the files are not restored.

Do you have any other suggestions?

#4 2017-12-14 16:54:50

Fab
Administrator

Is the "test" account a local administrator on this machine?
Important: the folder specified in the "/from" parameter must contain the backup's "archive" folder or the GUI will just flash and vanish the same way.

I have just tried this command line and it worked just fine (note that I started the batch file as administrator):
"\\server\share\AutoBackup6Pro.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="\\server\share\backup_folder\2017-12-14\HOME\TEST" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="test" /ALWAYSOVERWRITE /ALL

I hope this will help.

Fab

#5 2017-12-14 18:09:01

OaksLabs

The test account is not an administrator. I am trying this by logging into the PC with the test account and running the batch file from an administrative command prompt. I have also tried logging into the PC as the administrator, and I get the same results.

The archive folder is the direct subfolder of the "/from" parameter path.

My network share is on a Ubuntu system, if that is a factor.

#6 2017-12-14 18:52:39

Fab
Administrator

Using the Ubuntu box has nothing to do with this.
The administrator account must be able to access the network share.
By the way, I have just tested with the Pro trial version (just in case there was a problem with it) with the backup on a Synology NAS shared folder, this should be close to the Ubuntu box behavior perhaps except the fact that there is no credentials needed for this share. I had no issue doing this, files were restored fine.

Fab

#7 2017-12-14 21:34:21

OaksLabs

I discovered the issue, and I'm hoping you have a suggestion for a work around.

It turns out that the EULA must be agreed to before running the program from the CLI. I found that the restore script works if the program is first opened manually, and the "Agree" button is clicked on the EULA.

Do you have a suggestion for automating this (or will this work correctly in the full non-trial version)?

#8 2017-12-14 21:40:29

Fab
Administrator

OaksLabs wrote:

I discovered the issue, and I'm hoping you have a suggestion for a work around.

It turns out that the EULA must be agreed to before running the program from the CLI. I found that the restore script works if the program is first opened manually, and the "Agree" button is clicked on the EULA.

Do you have a suggestion for automating this (or will this work correctly in the full non-trial version)?

That makes sense. To work around this, just start it once and accept the EULA. That will be stored in the 'autobackup.ini' file in the program's folder.
The full version will also need order's information. Just use the same trick.

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer