Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2018-04-18 21:44:03

OaksLabs

Command line restore - removed?

Hello,

I recently purchased AutoBackup 7 Pro, and it appears that command line restore functionality is missing (not available in the command line builder and not recognized by the application). Has this function been deprecated? I designed a system of scripts around this functionality and I'm at a loss for what to do now...

#2 2018-04-18 21:59:38

Fab
Administrator

Re: Command line restore - removed?

Yes, this ability is almost impossible to add to 7 Pro since it handles multi user restore : too complicated for user accounts mappings, create or not target acounts... I do not think it will be back some day. If this feature is something you absolutely need, you may want a refund for your V7 right?

Fab

#3 2018-04-19 14:45:58

OaksLabs

I agree that it'd be too complex to do a multi-user command line restore. In my particular use case I was doing a single user restore by calling this via a login script. If you could integrate single user command line restore into the new version that would solve my issue, but it just might not be a practical thing for you to do (I trust your judgement as the developer in such matters).

[== Undefined ==]
"T:\AutoBackup6Trial.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\%username%" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="%username%" /ALWAYSKEEPNEWEST /ALL

As for my V7, I'm actually wondering if I could request a downgrade to V6. I know you don't sell or support it anymore, but as you can see above I never purchased the full version of V6. Is this something we could arrange?

#4 2018-04-19 14:49:22

Fab
Administrator

OaksLabs wrote:

As for my V7, I'm actually wondering if I could request a downgrade to V6. I know you don't sell or support it anymore, but as you can see above I never purchased the full version of V6. Is this something we could arrange?

This is something I can do in database. I will let you know when it is done.

Edit: I cannot find anything with your name or email address in it. Can you PM me your order number?

Edit2: I have found it anyway. You are from Minnesota right? wink

Edit 3: it is done, you can now get Fab's AutoBackup 6 Pro from your downgraded V7 Pro order's details on the shop's website, in the "my account" section. If in the future I finally find a way to add this command line restore feature, you will be able to reconvert it to a V7 Pro license again at no additional cost at this address: https://www.fpnet.fr/?page=abproupgrade&lang=en

Fab

#5 2018-04-19 18:58:30

OaksLabs

Yes, I am in Minnesota, and I have successfully downloaded my copy of V6. Thank you so much for your help with this! smile

#6 2018-06-15 03:52:37

GMPconsulting

This is just a random thought/question related to the original request: Wouldn't it be possible to support command line restore of a single user profile and then if the tech needs to restore multiple users they could just run a batch file calling out each user as a separate invocation of the executable?  e.g.:

"T:\AutoBackup.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\Bob" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="Bob" /ALWAYSKEEPNEWEST /ALL
"T:\AutoBackup.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\Sally" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="Sally" /ALWAYSKEEPNEWEST /ALL
"T:\AutoBackup.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\Fred" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="Fred" /ALWAYSKEEPNEWEST /ALL

I also occasionally like to command-line drive the backup/restore process, however I don't typically need to restore more than one user profile per PC.  So even if the command line only supported single-user restore, I think others would find it useful.  Just a thought, there could be more to this than I'm aware of.

Best regards,
Greg

#7 2018-06-15 08:23:54

Fab
Administrator

GMPconsulting wrote:

This is just a random thought/question related to the original request: Wouldn't it be possible to support command line restore of a single user profile and then if the tech needs to restore multiple users they could just run a batch file calling out each user as a separate invocation of the executable?  e.g.:

"T:\AutoBackup.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\Bob" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="Bob" /ALWAYSKEEPNEWEST /ALL
"T:\AutoBackup.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\Sally" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="Sally" /ALWAYSKEEPNEWEST /ALL
"T:\AutoBackup.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /FROM="S:\Fred" /TARGETUSERPROFILENAME="Fred" /ALWAYSKEEPNEWEST /ALL

I also occasionally like to command-line drive the backup/restore process, however I don't typically need to restore more than one user profile per PC.  So even if the command line only supported single-user restore, I think others would find it useful.  Just a thought, there could be more to this than I'm aware of.

Best regards,
Greg

Yes, that would require a huge amount of work but that's doable.
One more thing on the "to do" list wink

Fab

#8 2019-05-24 08:10:03

Stack-Tech
Website

Maybe add an option for a simple file input which contains data such as:

"S:\Sally","Sally"
"S:\Bob","Bob"
"D:\Charlie","Charles"

Then it would still be script friendly as most scripters are already going to know the path and username, they just need to create the mapping file (which they should be able to do programatically)  and its simple enough to make the file by hand if needed.

AutoBackup.exe /RESTORE /MAPFILE=mymap.txt or something.

Just food for thought smile

#9 2019-05-24 08:11:36

Fab
Administrator

Hey, do you ever sleep ?  big_smile

That could be something like

T:\AutoBackup.exe" /LANGUAGE="English" /RESTORE /CONFIGFILE="Path_To_Backup.conf" /CREATEUSERS

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer