Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2018-05-28 13:37:29

Nexus04

[SOLVED] Help to restore files

Hi I have just downloaded Autobackup 7 and am trying to transfer files from my old pc`s hdd to my new pc. I have removed the old hdd and have plugged it into my new pc using the correct adaptor cables and it is showing on the new pc as E drive. I have backed up the files following the on screen prompts but now want to put these files onto the new pc`s hdd which identifies as C but cannot see how to do this. I am not seeing the backup files or folders just the log from autobackup. In the source user profile the only one showing is for the new pc not the old E drive. I am not seeing the transfer option, have I got the wrong version for what I want to do?

Any help would be appreciated but must be in idiot guide form please

Last edited by Nexus04 (2018-05-28 13:50:24)

#2 2018-05-28 13:50:45

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Help to restore files

Hi,
why did not you used the direct transfer feature instead?
It is much faster since you already plugged your old drive to the new machine.

Fab

#3 2018-05-28 14:15:17

Nexus04

Thanks for the swift reply.I have only got the options to backup or restore there is no option to transfer. Have I purchased the wrong version?

#4 2018-05-28 14:18:43

Fab
Administrator

Nexus04 wrote:

Have I purchased the wrong version?

That's right. You do not have the Pro version. This is the only one that can handle hooked system drives.
Would you like me to refund this version so you can order the good one?

Fab

#5 2018-05-28 14:58:33

Nexus04

No its ok, I have misunderstood what I needed. I can just copy and paste the files over that I want onto the new pc now I have the old HDD connected. I will keep Autobackup to use to back up files.It does not help that I am not very savvy with computers Thanks for the quick replies and help

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer