Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2018-06-07 11:17:16

EasyPC

Backing up to network share

I just added a password to our network drive backup folder, to help us comply with GDPR.

Since that time, even once I have opened the folder manually in explorer, or even if I've mapped the data folder as a drive, Autobackup 7 Pro gives me a cross at the backup location, and the 'next' button stays ghosted.

I've tried browsing to the folder and I've tried copying the location, neither works.

Additionally, it would be great if we could have a username/password option built into Autobackup so we dont need to log in first smile

Thanks in advance
Andy

#2 2018-06-07 21:17:29

Fab
Administrator

Re: Backing up to network share

Hi,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro runs with higher privileges after a UA prompt. You should be able to run your backup using and administrator account that has the required credentials meomorized or at least after providing the network share credentials.

Fab

#3 2018-06-08 13:18:37

EasyPC

Thanks Fab, I'll try that soon and let you know.

#4 2019-06-19 16:01:22

mram

A trick I use is to open a CMD prompt with Run as Administrator. Connect to the share with the command line "NET USE S: \\SERVER\SHARE" or "NET USE S: \\192.168.1.100\SHARE". It will prompt for a username and password. Fabs will then see the shared drive letter to backup/restore.

Last edited by mram (2019-06-19 16:02:38)

#5 2019-06-19 16:06:21

Fab
Administrator

mram wrote:

A trick I use is to open a CMD prompt with Run as Administrator. Connect to the share with the command line "NET USE S: \\SERVER\SHARE" or "NET USE S: \\192.168.1.100\SHARE". It will prompt for a username and password. Fabs will then see the shared drive letter to backup/restore.

Thanks for sharing  smile

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer