Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2019-05-16 14:59:58

geekhelp

Dropbox backup - offline sync

Am I missing a setting, or is this a feature request...

On some occasions, I need to do a Dropbox backup.  The only option I see is a Dropbox checkbox OR selecting the Dropbox folder.  The problem is with Dropbox Smart Sync and files that are "Online Only".  This allows place holders to be stored on the machine without actually taking up drive space.  When files are set to Online Only and you select Dropbox as part of your backup - it will try  to download ALL of these "Online Only" files which could be several if not hundreds of GBs.  This will cause the backup to fail as the hard drive becomes full from downloading all of these files. 

Working locally is not an issue, as I can simply ensure that the machine does not have an internet connection before starting the backup.  The problem lies when trying to do backups when remoted into a user's machine.

#2 2019-05-17 15:22:02

Fab
Administrator

Re: Dropbox backup - offline sync

geekhelp wrote:

Am I missing a setting, or is this a feature request...

On some occasions, I need to do a Dropbox backup.  The only option I see is a Dropbox checkbox OR selecting the Dropbox folder.  The problem is with Dropbox Smart Sync and files that are "Online Only".  This allows place holders to be stored on the machine without actually taking up drive space.  When files are set to Online Only and you select Dropbox as part of your backup - it will try  to download ALL of these "Online Only" files which could be several if not hundreds of GBs.  This will cause the backup to fail as the hard drive becomes full from downloading all of these files. 

Working locally is not an issue, as I can simply ensure that the machine does not have an internet connection before starting the backup.  The problem lies when trying to do backups when remoted into a user's machine.

Hello,

I did not even know it was possible to keep everything online and nothing locally.
Could you please send me the "AppData\Local\Dropbox\info.json" from a user profile that has this issue? This way, I could try to look at it and find out the setting that says everything is online.

Thanks!

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer