Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2019-06-14 04:54:25

Nick's Computer Services

[SOLVED] Office14 to Office365 Outlook Profile not transfering

My client has Office14 (Office 2010) on a non-functional computer (I believe Win7).  I made an image of the drive and mounted it with Macrium Reflect to run Fab's AB 7 Pro on another computer.  He has a trial version of Office 365 on a new computer (Win10).  I need to install Office 2019 H&B on it.  I ran the program and everything looks good except the Outlook profile did not transfer.  The PST files were transferred.  He let me know he has several email accounts, but he does not know the passwords.  I was really hoping this software would transfer the profile so I don't have to use Nirsoft and manually configure the Outlook.  This was a big reason why I bought the product.

When I start Outlook, it asks me to sign in with an email address and configure the account.  I tried "Outlook.exe /PIM User", but there is nothing there after creating a profile.  I tried importing again after creating a profile and the outcome is the same.  As a note, when I go to Control Panel there is no Mail Setup - Outlook.  Thanks for any help!

#2 2019-06-14 06:39:02

Fab
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Office14 to Office365 Outlook Profile not transfering

Hi,
Fab's AutoBackup did what it had to do the right way. Old Outlook settings have been migrated to the new machine, including email accounts. However, the Outlook 365 version that's installed using Windows 10 bundled installer does not work the same way and will not look fol older settings. Now, you need to totally uninstall Office 365 from this computer, download Office 365 installer from their website and reinstall it with it. This one should see old settings and migrate them.

Fab

#3 2019-06-14 07:03:52

Nick's Computer Services

I think you are right on!  I tried running the recovery on my machine in a temp profile with Office 365 ProPlus 2016 and it moved everything except the passwords.  I have seen the pre-install act strange before.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I will put an order in with my vendor tomorrow morning for a real license and remove and re-install.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks so much for your help - I can't believe you answered my inquiry so quickly and in the middle of the night or early morning!

#4 2019-06-14 22:04:30

Nick's Computer Services

I removed the Office 365 app.  I installed the Office 2019 H&B.  After opening Outlook, it showed the profile being configured.  I put the passwords into the account and the email functional as expected.  Thank you!!!

#5 2019-06-14 22:12:34

Fab
Administrator

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you  smile

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer