Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2019-07-22 21:34:15

Puzzled

Unable to restore pofiles properly on Firefox 68.0.1 and Tbird 60.8

Tried doing a backup of various data on Windows7 Pro. This particular user account has Firefox 68.0.1 installed and Thunderbird 60.0.8 installed. Both of these apps have 2 profiles configured. The user data was in the non-default Firefox Profile and the non-default Thunderbird profile aka not in "default" but rather in a profile in Firefox and Thunderbird  "userdata" (not the actual name). I did the backup and after an hr or so to an external USB drive. I then did a restore to a separate newer Windows 10 machine.

That was when the issues occurred. When I started Firefox, I selected the "userdata" profile rather than the standard "default" in Firefox. That was when I saw "The bookmarks and history system will not be functional" error message in a red alert bar. When I was performing the backup I made sure neither firefox or thunderbird were running. I tried restarting Firefox no difference.

In Thunderbird I also selected the "userdata" profile rather than "default" at which point I saw a message asking me whether I wanted to compact the folders following within 30 secs or so I saw a prompt to enter the email password for the account. At that point, Thunderbird stopped responding and I had to do a force close on it.

I then used another deprecated util mozzbackup to backup the appropriate profiles for Thunderbird and FIrefox and restored them to the Windows10 machine without any issues.

#2 2019-07-22 21:47:25

Fab
Administrator

Re: Unable to restore pofiles properly on Firefox 68.0.1 and Tbird 60.8

I am sorry you are going through such big issues. Unfortunately, I am not able to test and fix this right now as I am on vacation, far away from my development computer.
So, to help me understand what you mean and also be able to reproduce that scenario, you say that FF has 2 profiles. If I understand, one is the default FF profile, not used and there is another one that sits somewhere else on the computer right? Same thing for TB too right? Are profiles data stored at the same place as profiles themselves? If not, then, the tool is not enough advanced to handle that and this will require a lot of work to do it.
Of course, I will make another time trial version to make sure everything is fine for you.
Sorry again...

Fab

#3 2019-07-31 14:56:21

Fab
Administrator

Re: Unable to restore pofiles properly on Firefox 68.0.1 and Tbird 60.8

I've not been able to reproduce these issues. However, I encountered some when dealing with customized profiles locations while there was a default profile too. The restore/transfer process has been improved and is more reliable for Mozilla family products, aka Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey,  WaterFox and PostBox. I've sent a new time trial version to your mail box

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer