Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2019-08-08 16:43:48

Ocubit

Onedrive for business not supported when doing commandline

I cant set the commandline builder to include onedrive for business, as the path is not generic.
e.g the path to my own onedrive for business folder is: c:\users\ben\onedrive - "company name"

is there a way make your application support onedrive for business?

also when using the commandline builder i cannot exclude browser cache and only backup favourites / bookmarks?

#2 2019-08-08 17:12:14

Fab
Administrator

Re: Onedrive for business not supported when doing commandline

Ocubit wrote:

I cant set the commandline builder to include onedrive for business, as the path is not generic.
e.g the path to my own onedrive for business folder is: c:\users\ben\onedrive - "company name"

OneDrive for Business path can be different for each company and it's a pain to detect it. That's why it is not supported and probably will never be.

Ocubit wrote:

also when using the commandline builder i cannot exclude browser cache and only backup favourites / bookmarks?

That's right, this feature is not usable in command line (forgot to add the switch in main program and in the command line builder tool as well). It's now in my to do list and will be in next update. This will be something like /ONLYBOOKMARKS

Fab

#3 2019-08-08 18:38:23

Ocubit

ok. thanks for the quick answer.

#4 2019-08-08 19:12:59

Ocubit

Fab wrote:
Ocubit wrote:

OneDrive for Business path can be different for each company and it's a pain to detect it. That's why it is not supported and probably will never be.

Ocubit wrote:

That's right, this feature is not usable in command line (forgot to add the switch in main program and in the command line builder tool as well). It's now in my to do list and will be in next update. This will be something like /ONLYBOOKMARKS

Here is a suggestion...

How about turning things around and copy everything in the user folder, and then excluding all other folders and files exept the onedrive  for business folders?

When doing it this way, your backup application will also make a backup of those special files and folders that some people by mistake put in the root of their userfolders

this i how i normally do this in my old backup batch script

Last edited by Ocubit (2019-08-08 19:15:53)

#5 2019-08-08 19:15:15

Fab
Administrator

Ocubit wrote:

How about turning things around and copy everything in the user folder, and then excluding all other folders and files exept the onedrive  for business folders?

That's not doable in command line

Fab

#6 2019-08-08 19:16:49

Ocubit

Fab wrote:
Ocubit wrote:

That's not doable in command line

no not at the moment. but maybe it could be implemented in a later release of your apllication big_smile

Last edited by Ocubit (2019-08-08 19:18:33)

#7 2019-08-08 19:18:25

Fab
Administrator

Ocubit wrote:

no not at the moment. but maybe it could be implemented in a later release big_smile

I just can't promise it

Fab

#8 2019-08-08 19:20:02

Ocubit

of cause not smile  but i would be a great and very usefull feature.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer