Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2019-08-15 18:32:29

mram

Chrome restore issues 1903

Is anyone else having trouble restoring their Chrome profile on Windows 10 1903? I just re-ran the restore selecting Chrome only. I watched it restore a few thousand files in the Chrome profile, but it did not bring back the Bookmarks.

To the job done, I turned on Google Sync on their old and new computers.

#2 2019-08-15 19:00:08

Fab
Administrator

Re: Chrome restore issues 1903

Do you have a "bookmarks" file in your backup?
It's in a folder like that : "Z:\Path_To_Your_Backup\YYYY-MM-DD\Computer_Name\User_Name\archive\Google Chrome\Default\"
As soon as you get this file and it is copied back in new user profile, then bookmarks should show up in Chrome.
Fab's AutoBackup does nothing more than copying Chrome's profile files and paste them in their new location. It never alters them in the process.
I know that Chrome encrypts preferences and reset settings as soon as it detects that current profile has been altered (encryption key is tied to Computer's and Windows user's SID among other things). Since these values are different from source and target computers, Crome resets home page and some other settings like installed extensions to default. That said, stored credentials and bookmarks are not removed in this reset process and you should still see them.
Just tested it between 2 computers running Chrome and 1903, got that message saying that a program has changed settings and they've been reset to default but I still had bookmarks.

By the way, no one else has complained about that since 1903 is out. I guess this is an isolated case

Fab

#3 2019-08-20 02:04:33

mram

Re: Chrome restore issues 1903

I tried another machine and it worked fine. I don't know why it didn't work before. It has always worked for me in the past.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer