Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2019-08-22 15:50:53

Spannerman

Backup issue

Hi Guys,
Ive started getting an issue with 2 PCs today, when i backup a profile and tick backup email passwords & backup web browser passwords, it starts backing up the public data then when it gets to the user profile at the point when it says Saving Email passwords with Nirsoft it stops, no errors, doesn't hang, i left it over an hour with no progress. i can cancel the job go back and untick these and it runs as normal.
i have deleted the Nirsoft software and allowed Fabs Autobackup to re download the software and still have the same issue.

Has anybody got idea what could be causing this problem?

#2 2019-08-22 15:52:52

Fab
Administrator

Re: Backup issue

Perhaps you have an issue with your anti malware. Nirsoft tools are often flagged as malware

Fab

#3 2019-08-22 16:12:01

Spannerman

Thanks for the prompt reply.
That was my first thought, one pc has AVG which i know flags Nirsoft as malware (normally deletes), so i disabled it prior to running the backup, the second one has Eset which doesn't normally flag these as malware, checked the logs on the PC with Eset and nothing to suggest that it had interfered with the Nirsoft, these are both Windows 7 PCs although i don't think this is relevant..
The PC with Eset i will uninstall Eset so there is no AV protection and will let you know how i get on.

#4 2019-08-22 16:15:52

Fab
Administrator

Beware of Windows defender that flags it too

Fab

#5 2019-08-23 06:47:07

Spannerman

Hi Fab,
I've uninstalled Eset and disabled windows defender but have the same issue, any other thoughts?

Neil

#6 2019-08-23 06:48:24

Fab
Administrator

Then there must be a problem on Fab's side. Let me check this

Fab

#7 2019-08-23 06:58:59

Fab
Administrator

Just checked on my side and no issue here...
I have also redownloaded NirSoft tools from the app.
Where are you running Fab's from ?
Where are you storing the backup ?
Are you dealing with a pulled drive or are you running it against a running system?
In case of a running system, are you running Fab's Autobackup with the profile's user credentials or as another user ?

My test was against current user profile, so, the only one that works with those tools.

Fab

#8 2019-09-01 20:25:54

Spannerman

Sorry for the delay but have been very busy..

Answers Below
1, I run Fab's from a NAS via a UNC Path
2, Backups stored to NAS via UNC path
3, Both these were running PCs
4, Running as current user's credentials

I have run this today on a windows 8 PC and not had a problem where as the ones i was having issues with were Windows 7 PCs.

I will try again next time i get s windows 7 PC in to see if it is specific to Windows 7.

Thanks for your help.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer