Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2019-10-12 01:17:56

HaoleBoy

Set Outlook IMAP passwords in control panel

New install of Win 10 1903. Restored customer files using latest version of AB. Got the warning message to set the IMAP account password in Control Panel -> Mail before starting Outlook.  When I open Control Panel and select small icons, I can see the icon that says "Mail (Outlook 2013) (32-bit)". But, when I click on this icon, nothing happens.

Not sure if this is an issue with 1903, or something is hosed on this machine. What happens if I go ahead and just open Outlook?

This is Office 2013 Professional. I also checked for Windows Update, and there were no updates (kinda surprising since this version of Office is 6 years old. I would have expected many updates.

I do not have another machine with Outlook installed, so I can't check if this is something Microsoft disabled in 1903 as the slowly work to get rid of Control Panel.

Mahalo,

Harry Z

Last edited by HaoleBoy (2019-10-12 01:26:06)

#2 2019-10-12 02:51:37

HaoleBoy

Re: Set Outlook IMAP passwords in control panel

Did some more Googling, and found this article that identifies this as an issue with Outlook 2013 and that there is an update to resolve it.

Unfortunately, while my customer had the product key, he does not know what microsoft id he used to purchase the product. And you have to register the product using the pertinant microsoft id to download updates. I've tried for 3 hours to figure out what the id is, but with no luck.  Looks like he's going to have to buy Office again.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer