Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2020-01-29 08:18:33

logicwatch

W7 to W10 office migration

Hi
Later today I will be making a full backup from a Windows 7 laptop to a new Windows 10 Laptop.
The W7 installation has Office 2010 the new laptop will be Office 2019.
My concerns and questions are:

1. Will the backup for different versions of Office make no difference to the process ? Meaning will the restore put all the necessary floders files where they need to be especially when its a different version of windows and office its moving to ?

2.If the account name is different on the old laptop to the new laptop as long as I choose whatever is the case in the restore first screen is this ok for the process to move the data correctly across to the correct folders ?

3.will it affect the calendar moving from office 2010 to 2019 ( I know this is not fabs backup issue but maybe somebody knows ? )

many thanks for a great program
regards
smile

Last edited by logicwatch (2020-01-29 08:19:31)

#2 2020-01-29 08:34:04

Fab
Administrator

Re: W7 to W10 office migration

logicwatch wrote:

Hi
Later today I will be making a full backup from a Windows 7 laptop to a new Windows 10 Laptop.
The W7 installation has Office 2010 the new laptop will be Office 2019.
My concerns and questions are:
1. Will the backup for different versions of Office make no difference to the process ? Meaning will the restore put all the necessary floders files where they need to be especially when its a different version of windows and office its moving to ?

First thing to know : the only Office stuff that will go through are:
- Outlook profiles (data and email accounts)
- Word dictionaries
- Word startup folder (can contain some special templates)
- Auto correct entries
Other things like ribbon customization will not follow.

logicwatch wrote:

2.If the account name is different on the old laptop to the new laptop as long as I choose whatever is the case in the restore first screen is this ok for the process to move the data correctly across to the correct folders ?

User's name is not a concern at all. The program moves stuff in user's profile and does not car about that. The only thing that could be disturbed is Outlook but Fab's change required registry paths upon restore/transfer. This way, outlook still knows where to find PST/OST and where to store incoming mail.

logicwatch wrote:

3.will it affect the calendar moving from office 2010 to 2019 ( I know this is not fabs backup issue but maybe somebody knows ? )

The calendar is stored in PST or in Exchange account, so, that's not a matter either.

IMPORTANT TO KNOW : Office 365 that comes natively with Windows 10 must be uninstalled as it's a store app and does not import settings from older versions. You must use regular Office 365 installer (downloaded from Office 365 website) or all of this will not work

Fab

#3 2020-01-29 08:45:47

logicwatch

Re: W7 to W10 office migration

great
thanks for your very fast reply !
wink

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer