Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2020-05-26 14:08:47

hawkes

Outlook error led to identifying SID corruption?

I have a machine I am moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  They are using Office 2010 and I have re-installed that on the new machine.  When trying to launch outlook, I get the following error:

outlook_error.jpg

When looking at the file permissions, I see the following:

SID.jpg

The SID is no longer populating the account name.  Whether or not the Outlook error is relate I'm not sure, but every file written after the restore now references the account name in this same way and some even show an Account Unknown as the one below:

2_SID.jpg

Anyone ever seen this before?

Best,

Hawkes

#2 2020-05-26 14:24:59

Fab
Administrator

Re: Outlook error led to identifying SID corruption?

This setup seems particular as first error message shows that PST file was on user's desktop. The program is not designed to handle that kind of situation as there are several variables to set for new PST path like this one.
Second issue : it looks like this is in fact a OneDrive problem as this Outlook PST file is under OneDrive user's folder. That's not recommended as well for several reasons. The first one is that OneDrive applies restrictive permissions to synced folder and it's tricky to get around it. The second is that Outlook takes uses more and more space and OneDrive space can just get filled up.
I would start Outlook config from scratch and reimport PST files on new messaging profile. This will save you from lots of headaches.

Fab

#3 2020-05-26 14:55:19

hawkes

Since file permissions are a bit corrupt at this point, I was going to do a reset and start over.  I am going to move the PST files to where they should have been before doing the backup.  I will also not enable One Drive until after the restore is completed.  Do you have any thoughts on that process?

Best,

Hawkes

#4 2020-05-26 15:35:00

Fab
Administrator

That would do the trick for this particular case

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer