Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2020-06-25 15:07:48

Puzzled

Check for update only works for one copy of FABs

I have Fab's Autobackup on my desktop computer. If I run the app it immediately tells me if there is an update. I have Fab's also in a folder on a USB flash drive and a portable SSD connected via USB. If I run Fab's from either of these two devices it has no indication that there is any update at all. Any other reports of this behavoir when running Fab's Autobackup Pro from external drives on Windows10 Pro 1909?

#2 2020-06-25 15:17:53

Fab
Administrator

Re: Check for update only works for one copy of FABs

There's not such a limitation for external devices. At startup, the program copies the autobackup.ini file to %tmp% folder. Perhaps there is still one there when you run the other copies. If that's the case, delete that %Tmp%\autoabackup.ini file and try again.

Fab

#3 2020-06-26 18:17:58

Puzzled

I emptied out all of the files in the %tmp% folder started up AutobackUp on an external hard drive that is way out of date and no indication there is any update available.

#4 2020-06-26 18:20:21

Fab
Administrator

What happens if you copy your Fab's folder to local drive and start it?

Fab

#5 2020-06-26 18:26:05

Fab
Administrator

I've another idea : there can be a setting that prevents Fab's from checking for updates in the autobackup.ini file:

[UPDATE]
CheckForUpdates=0

If you have such a value, change it to this :

[UPDATE]
CheckForUpdates=1

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer