Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2020-10-08 15:58:02

SimonZerafa

User Specified Backup and Restore Modules or Plugins?

Hi Fab,

I may have asked this before but it might be interested to have the option to specify user defined modules for apps or data to be backed up and restored.

I'm nore sure if the current Pro app structure would be able to support this or not but perhaps this could be added in a future version?

As an example I'm thinking of country specific tax software which in the UK puts it's files in odd places. If we could add our own detection logic and lists of folders, files or registry keys to backup and restore  then we might even be able to share those settings for others to use ?
What are yout thoughts on this?

Kind Regards

Simon

#2 2020-10-08 16:35:19

Fab
Administrator

Re: User Specified Backup and Restore Modules or Plugins?

This is not such an easy thing to add for current version. That would require to rethink it all. That's clearly a V8 thing. Just to make things clear, V8 development has not even been started so that's not a thing I can place on a timeline for now

Fab

#3 2020-10-11 18:26:32

SimonZerafa

Re: User Specified Backup and Restore Modules or Plugins?

Hi Fab,

Please put this suggestion on the "Think About" list of new product suggestiions and see if it might be practicable for version 8 ??♂️

Kind Regards

Simon

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer