Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2021-04-29 13:41:29

xochipilli

When selecting additional folder, subfolders are no longer selected

When selecting additional folder, subfolders are no longer selected .. and thus not backupped

#2 2021-04-29 13:44:17

Fab
Administrator

Re: When selecting additional folder, subfolders are no longer selected

I've seen such an issue about one year ago when I changed additional folders behavior to get the process speedier.
The fix was to remove the [DIRS] section within autobackup.ini file.

Fab

#3 2021-04-29 13:52:54

xochipilli

That section is only there when i select an additional folder and then quit the program
But it makes not difference if the section is removed afterwards, the problem remains when I try it again

Last edited by xochipilli (2021-04-29 13:53:42)

#4 2021-04-29 14:06:28

xochipilli

Thought I try a new install, just to be sure, but apparently downloads for my purchase has expired, did not even know it expired smile
Maybe that has something to do with it...

#5 2021-04-29 14:10:32

Fab
Administrator

xochipilli wrote:

That section is only there when i select an additional folder and then quit the program
But it makes not difference if the section is removed afterwards, the problem remains when I try it again

I've just tested it right now and it worked as expected. However, there's a cosmetic issue here anyway : As soon as folder is selected while it's collapsed, sub folders will be copied as well. The problem is that when you expand it after you selected it while collapsed, sub folders show as unselected while they are in fact.
Edit: if you need, I can provide a download link to the last version that was available before your update period has expired. Let me know.

Fab

#6 2021-04-29 14:54:32

xochipilli

Well, tested again on other machine, it did copy the folder i selected (even though the cosmetic issue is confusing)
But something seems to be not right anyway, i did a few tries and at times folders i de-selected were still backupped etc... I keep you posted if I can make some sense of it or if the problems persist.
Thanks for your quick answers, as always..

#7 2021-04-29 14:58:20

Fab
Administrator

xochipilli wrote:

Well, tested again on other machine, it did copy the folder i selected (even though the cosmetic issue is confusing)
But something seems to be not right anyway, i did a few tries and at times folders i de-selected were still backupped etc... I keep you posted if I can make some sense of it or if the problems persist.
Thanks for your quick answers, as always..

I guess I will end removing that check tree view that is dodgy since the very beginning.
I thik about a simple tree view on the left side and 2 lists views on the left. One for folders including subfolders and the other for folders content only. This way, no more hassle

Fab

#8 2021-04-30 11:53:17

xochipilli

I guess I will end removing that check tree view that is dodgy since the very beginning.

That's why I check if the subdirs are checked as well smile

#9 2021-04-30 19:44:45

Fab
Administrator

xochipilli wrote:

That's why I check if the subdirs are checked as well smile

Work started today. That would be a bit different than what I said in my previous post. There would be a tree view (without check boxes) on the left side and a list with check boxes on the right side. I'll do my best to make that as handy as possible despite the fact check boxes in the tree view will disappear

Fab

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer