Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2021-06-16 22:19:27

HaoleBoy

Unable to update product using link on main window

Aloha Fab.  I'm currently running AB 7 Pro 7.6.2.3791. When I click on the 'check for updates' I get the link to click to download 7.7.04119.  However this fails with a popup window message saying:

Cannot create file" "C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Temp\LatestAB7.txt". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Followed by another popup window reporting an access violation in Autobackup7Pro.exe. Read of address 00000010.

The LatestAB7.txt file exists, but I don't see a way to attach it to this post.

I know that I can download the full package, but decided to report this issue to you.  I will delay updating via the full package in case you need me to run any tests.

Mahalo,

Harry Z

#2 2021-06-17 06:01:01

Fab
Administrator

Re: Unable to update product using link on main window

Yes, it's still broken with 7.6.2.3791.
There's still a conflict between main app not releasing txt control file and updater that tries to create the same file. 7.7.4119 uses a different file name so there should not be such an issue with it. You need to go with full package instead (again...).
Sorry about that!

Fab

#3 2021-06-18 08:21:13

HaoleBoy

Re: Unable to update product using link on main window

OK. Thanx for the quick response.  I'll go get the full package.

Harry Z

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer