Fab's AutoBackup forums

Welcome to Fab's AutoBackup technical support forums
Bienvenue sur les forums de support technique de Fab's AutoBackup

You are not logged in.

Announcement


Due to a large amount of fake accounts registrations for advertising purpose (spam), this forum does not accept new registrations any longer.
You can still browse existing threads to find the help you are looking for. If you do not find it and have questions, please use this contact form.

====================================

En raison d'un nombre important d'enregistrements de faux comptes utilisateurs à des fins de spam (publicité non sollicitée), il n'est désormais plus possible de s'enregistrer sur les forums de support technique.
Vous pouvez toujours parcourir les sujets existants pour trouver ce que vous recherchez. Si vous ne trouvez pas l'information et avez des questions, veuillez utiliser ce formulaire de contact.

#1 2022-04-20 18:23:08

cire3pc
Member
Registered: 2013-04-30
Posts: 22

Last few backups I'm hanging on Firefox profile ?

Had a few versions back, my drives are hanging on profile indexing. I noticed on Firefox and google drive ?

Just upgraded to current, new install location.

Hard drive activity is on solid, and just hangs.  Didn't know if anyone else seen this ? Hard to believe I have 2 hard drives with a freezing problem.  I use a SATA dock to SATA direct into the motherboard.  Any way to know what exactly it's hanging on ?

Offline

#2 2022-04-20 18:26:35

cire3pc
Member
Registered: 2013-04-30
Posts: 22

Re: Last few backups I'm hanging on Firefox profile ?

Oh, and a quick question.  For problem drives, any chance of getting a pause button ? To re-cycle the drive and have another go at it ?  I have PC3000, but can't use Fab with it to handle problematic drives.

Offline

#3 2022-04-20 18:39:49

Fab
Administrator
Registered: 2011-05-11
Posts: 1,305

Re: Last few backups I'm hanging on Firefox profile ?

cire3pc wrote:

Had a few versions back, my drives are hanging on profile indexing. I noticed on Firefox and google drive ?

Just upgraded to current, new install location.

Hard drive activity is on solid, and just hangs.  Didn't know if anyone else seen this ? Hard to believe I have 2 hard drives with a freezing problem.  I use a SATA dock to SATA direct into the motherboard.  Any way to know what exactly it's hanging on ?

Does it really hang or does it finally continue the copy after some time ?
I've had a pretty old W7 machine as source today, it looked like it hanged while processing FF profile but a few minutes later I've noticed that, it just did the job like nothing happened.


Fab

Offline

#4 2022-04-20 18:41:30

Fab
Administrator
Registered: 2011-05-11
Posts: 1,305

Re: Last few backups I'm hanging on Firefox profile ?

cire3pc wrote:

Oh, and a quick question.  For problem drives, any chance of getting a pause button ? To re-cycle the drive and have another go at it ?  I have PC3000, but can't use Fab with it to handle problematic drives.

That's true, there's no real "pause" button. BUT, if you click the cancel button, there will be a popup asking if you really want to abort the job. While this prompt is shown, the file copy is paused. I hope that helps !


Fab

Offline

#5 2022-04-25 16:20:23

cire3pc
Member
Registered: 2013-04-30
Posts: 22

Re: Last few backups I'm hanging on Firefox profile ?

Fab wrote:
cire3pc wrote:

Oh, and a quick question.  For problem drives, any chance of getting a pause button ? To re-cycle the drive and have another go at it ?  I have PC3000, but can't use Fab with it to handle problematic drives.

That's true, there's no real "pause" button. BUT, if you click the cancel button, there will be a popup asking if you really want to abort the job. While this prompt is shown, the file copy is paused. I hope that helps !

This I didn't know.  Thanks !

Offline

#6 2022-04-25 16:22:56

cire3pc
Member
Registered: 2013-04-30
Posts: 22

Re: Last few backups I'm hanging on Firefox profile ?

I will get the problem (or what I thought was) drive back on the bench and let it run, and report back.

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] CCBot

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman

[ Generated in 0.024 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 516.98 KiB (Peak: 517.63 KiB) ]